Friday, January 23, 2015

Book Review: Lailah by Nikki Kelly



Title: Lailah 
Series: The Styclar Series
Author: Nikki Kelly
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Date Published: October 7, 2014




GUYS. IT’S REALLY HARD TO WRITE A REVIEW FOR A BOOK YOU LOVED SO MUCH. THERE ARE JUST NO WORDS. NO THOUGHTS YOU COULD EVEN WRITE. THERE ARE JUST FEELINGS. FEELINGS HERE, FEELINGS THERE, FEELINGS EVERYWHERE. OR LIKE CONCEAL, DON’T FEEL, DON’T LET THEM KNOW.

Sorry, I had to start out with caps. I haven’t read a book this good in a long time. Pardon me. I’m struggling to write here, I need help. Give me a moment to collect my thoughts. There. I’m good now. You see, this book got me like, “I NEED THE HARDCOVER ASAP” kind of good. So I know I got you intrigued now, yeah? Like, “ Hmmmnn, how is that book good tell me! Tell me!” Gotcha.

This isn’t your typical vampire story, no sir, ma’am. This is more of a light against dark, heaven against hell, human against inhuman self, kind of story. It was indeed my mistake in putting off this book that long, maybe it was that I kind of thought, “Vampires? Yeah, well, typical.” but dude was I so wrong in putting it off to read later.

What did I love in this book? Definitely everything. From each single word, to the mental pictures it conveys, to the jokes, to the tension, down to the even the punctuations. I love the way it was written, a little bit poetic and the setting is on London. I love the pacing, the first three chapters were medium paced and then it gradually built up. I love books that make me love and hate characters so much.
I love Ruadhan, Cessie, and Gabriel sooooo much in contrast I hate Hanora, Brooke and Jonah soooo much too (sorry to Team Jonahs out there, peace out). I love the heroine, she’s fierce and independent and a bit naughty (which is my kind of girls). Prepare for the explosive stuff here. Continue reading if you want to but beware, fangirl feels ahead.

GABRIEL. I JUST LOVE GABRIEL SO MUCH GUYS I NEED HELP I THINK I NEED TO GET TO REHABILITATION CENTER BECAUSE I’M SO ADDICTED TO HIM. I KNOW HE CANT BE REAL BUT WHO CARES, I LOVE HIM. Here are just some reasons why:

He is light-haired. He’s golden-haired. Blonde. I’m attracted to light-haired guys I don’t even know why
He has bue-eyes. I’m usually onto green-eyed guys but since Lai has green eyes, it seems a perfect pair for his blue ones.
He is gorgeous. Yeah, yeah most are but he’s divinely gorgeous.
HE IS SWEET AND CARING AND SOOTHING. I have a weakness for sweet guys, I’ll pretty much die a diabetic but who cares?
HE IS A GENTLEMAN. I trust that all girls like a gentleman, otherwise I don’t know.
HE IS AN ANGEL. I’m into Angels. Enough said. Who aren’t though?
HE HAS SUPER COOL ABILITIES. I’m shutting up. No spoilers for you.
HE HAS DIMPLES. (DIMPLES. I JUST NEED TO REPEAT IT FOR YOU. BOY DIMPLES ALWAYS GETS ME EVERYTIME, EVEN IF A GUY WOULD BE EVIL IF HE HAS DIMPLES ILL BE DRAWN TO HIM)

I JUST CAN’T WAIT TO GET MORE OF HIM IN THE NEXT BOOK!

If those ranting above don’t get you to read Lailah I don’t even know how to convince you. Trust me when I recommend books you won’t regret it. I wish I could’ve read this book as soon as it was published. Don’t make the mistake of putting it off too. I found a new favorite book, hope you would too.

Rating: 100/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

bookkeeper's most visited